Flights get delayed, rerouted, and cancelled. Unforeseen circumstances may lead to a spike in refunds. You can’t always control that, but how braced are you to manage your refunds situation without upsetting your customers?
Refunds is one of the most important functions when it comes to passenger satisfaction.
Regulations by many authorities imply that refunds must be processed within specific timelines. However, with high degree of fluctuations arising from natural hazards or flight delays / cancellations, consistently turnaround refunds as per the service level agreements is extremely difficult.
Why is it complex to manage refunds?
- Lack of automation: Multiple form of payments, multiple original documents and involuntary refund requirements, mean that even with the most efficient automated modules, the airlines manage to automate a little over 50% of the total Refund requests. This means almost 50% of the Refunds must be managed by the Airlines.
- Multiple channels: Refunds are received through different channels and processed by different teams. This often leads to delays, inaccuracies and lack of control on the process
- Regulations and interpretations: Refunds are managed by disparate teams in an airline which could lead to different interpretations of rules and policies, thus giving rise to inaccuracies.
- Payment & Accounting: Once the refund is processed, updates are carried out in revenue accounting and payments systems. Such manual process leads to errors and revenue loss if done incorrectly.
How can you implement a robust refunds strategy?
Minor changes are not enough. You have to rethink your entire system of managing refunds. As an airline, you need consolidated data sources, consistent processes and efficient workflows, that leads to lower manual intervention = lower cost, without impacting customer experience.
What you need is ‘refunds transformation’
How can you transform your refunds process?
- Centralize: Route your refunds and related information to a single platform
- Get control over your reporting, validations, status and updates across the refunds cycle
- Integrate: your systems in the refunds ecosystem
- Automate: for speed and accuracy. Here is a case in point
New age customers don’t wait for anything, let alone refunds. It’s time that you gain complete control over how you identify, process and pay out refunds to your customers. Move to one single platform to manage your refunds. Achieve total integration of refunds with your existing platforms and channels. Enter a new world of refunds and get all of the following:
If you liked this blog, you may want to access our on-demand recorded webinar on how you can transform your refunds management system, shorten your refunds response time by 65% and reduce cost by 50%.