Barcelona, Spain – May 3, 2022
- Accelya has established a Center of Excellence (CoE) as part of its commitment to accelerate the digital transformation of the airline business with its FLX Platform.
- Located in Pune, India, the Center of Excellence will initially accommodate up to 500 technology leaders, domain experts, and development talent, in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Accelya´s Center of Excellence will harness the power of new technologies, including those for cloud, AI, ML, and data science, to enhance innovation in airline distribution.
Accelya, a leading provider of technology solutions to the travel industry, today announced it has established a Center of Excellence (CoE) as part of its commitment to accelerating the digital transformation of airlines globally through its FLX Platform. The new Center of Excellence will step up the development of Accelya´s innovation roadmap and will also have a strong focus on scale, operational, and delivery excellence for NDC, One Order, and airline retailing. Located in the high-tech hub of Pune, India, the new facility will host up to 500 people in its first phase, and high-velocity recruitment is underway.
To deliver immediate value to the airline ecosystem, the state-of-the-art Accelya CoE will fast track key elements of the FLX Platform, such as:
- Industrialized NDC deployment, providing more global airlines access to retailing independence from legacy systems
- ONE Order development, giving early adopters immediate value from improved customer-centricity and an end-to-end approach to retailing
- Digital retailing, enabling airlines to give customers the experiences they demand while capitalizing on absolute control over all channels
- Digitalization of the cargo business, so airline cargo too can take advantage of retailing innovation
The SaaS FLX Platform is digitally transforming the airline business through the development of open, flexible, and pro-airline retailing solutions for passenger and cargo systems.
“We are dedicated to helping airlines by building modern, open, and flexible solutions that free airlines from reliance on legacy technologies, empowering them to put their focus on the customer, not the technology limitations,” said Jim Davidson, CEO at Accelya. “We felt the best way to achieve this vision at scale was to create a Center of Excellence where some of the world’s best airline technology talent can focus 100% on digital transformation.”
The Accelya Center of Excellence will provide airlines with global 24-hour service and support, backed by digital operations, security command centers, and AI and ML-enabled tools to ensure system integrity.
Dr. Nitin Patwardhan, Senior Vice President at Accelya, is responsible for the CoE. A 24-year industry veteran and technologist, Patwardhan brings a wealth of leadership, value creation, and organizational expertise to the role. Dr. Patwardhan takes up the post from serving as Senior Vice President and Head of PMO at Accelya. Further senior appointments will be announced in due course.
“They call Pune the Oxford of the East due to the city’s thirst for education and development. It provides a wealth of exceptional talent to draw from,” said Dr. Nitin Patwardhan, Head of the Center of Excellence at Accelya. “Given our vision for the facility, as well as our commitment to the development of talent and investment in its success, it will be an ideal place to build an exciting career in airline retailing.”
The Center of Excellence will complement Accelya’s existing Indian operations, which includes a Development and Managed Services Center in Mumbai. Mumbai´s high-performance teams focus on delivering market-leading Revenue Accounting and new One Order compliant settlement strategies for Accelya’s customers.
Accelya is a leading global technology and service provider to the air transport industry delivering innovative change at speed and scale.
Accelya’s market-leading passenger, cargo, and industry platforms support airline retailing from offer to settlement, both above and below the wing. The company has over 250 airline customers and operations spread across nine countries, employing over 2,000 professionals worldwide. For more than 40 years, Accelya has been the industry’s partner for change, simplifying airline financial and commercial processes and empowering the air transport community to take better control of the future.
Whether partnering with IATA on industry-wide initiatives or creating strategic solutions that simplify airline processes, Accelya drives the airline industry forward and proudly puts control back in the hands of airlines so they can move further, faster.
For more information, please visit www.accelya.com
ACCELYA – PRESS CONTACT:
BELVERA – PRESS CONTACT: